Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chef-shimi

Tuesday night Marty and I redeemed my sister Suzy's Christmas gift- a Sushi class! We went to Chef Jaxon with the Park City Cooking School. We went to her home and had an edible educational experience. She taught us many of the Sushi terms, rules to raw fish, how to roll, where to buy all the ingredients (for safety of dollars and digestion), how to make miso soup and to finish off the evening she had made cinnamon-basil gelato. I think I was smiling the whole night!

Chef Jaxon is 71 years old. She lost her husband 12 years ago. They had traveled the world together doing humanitarian dental work. He was the dentist and she was the hygienist. When he passed away she wondered what she would do, so she decided to fulfill her lifelong desire of become a chef, so she went to Culinary school. She is now a certified pastry chef, teaches cooking classes to young and old, and loves every minute of it. I don't know which I liked more, the chef or the sushi!

It wasn't very expensive either. Only $55 dollars a person. You get information, a full belly and three hours with a delightful chef! A good deal in my book!

ps. We made all the rolls! Pretty good huh?

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh Jess! I am so glad you had fun... I was a little worried! I am glad that I got to spend the night with the cookie..I think it was a good trade :) love you!

jill said...

You finally cashed in on the present! Looks like you had a fun evening! That was an awesome present, Suzy.

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea. $55 ain't bad at all.

Unknown said...

Looks Amazing-and I don't even like sushi! :) What a fun night!

oh snap said...

WOW! This is awesome. I am proud to know you peeps.