Friday, February 13, 2009

love


I love a lot of things. Including the look of these cupcakes. They make me want to sink my teeth into them. Similary, I want to sink my teeth into Graham's thighs and cheeks. My mouth is watering and I'm not sure over which one.

I wanted to make these cupcakes this Valentine's but haven't gotten around to it. I need to make treats for Marty's young men on Sunday, but I think they would rather rice krispies than cupcakes with lovey writing.

Speaking of Marty's young men I have a good story. Last week I was in Las Vegas with the females in Marty's family. We had such an amazing time (I have no pictures so when I get some I will post). While I was gone Marty had to make the treat for his class, which I normally do for him. By doing this, it is one way I feel like I can help him during the week. He is a very capable man that was single for a very, very long time. He is good at everything, including laundry which is my serious domestic downfall. Anyway, he was making boxed brownies. He has done this before, but last Sunday, he ran out of vegetable oil. He did not check in the hall closet (where there is a huge gallon for refill), but decided to use PAM because it sad 100% Canola Oil. As he was telling me this story on the way home from Vegas Sunday night, my smile was huge, but my heart sunk for him. Oh, my! Pam is an aerosol! Oil is a liquid! Well, he ruined the first two batches and during Sunday School raced up to his parent's to borrow real Oil and returned home. He then proceed to use a 1/2 cup oil instead of 1/3 cup oil and as a result ruined the third batch. I know it hurts! He wanted a kiss when I got home to heal his wounds.

Well, in his pain I did discover one thing. My man needs me. Even if it is just making him food and giving him kisses... he needs me!

I am so in love with him. Happy Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

Karen said...

I can assure you that the YM didn't even notice. Do they even chew before they swallow? You and Marty make an awesome team!

Tayva said...

Oh, dearest, how I loved hearing the story again about the brownies! You need to tell it for years to come, especially the part about how Marty needs you, because he really does! [And while most YM really would be able to even dig into the brownie MIX, I know they really love all the effort for their appetites]. I love you both, and I need you, too! XO

Natalie said...

That is such a darling story. He does need you...how wonderful!

jill said...

Great story!

Unknown said...

So Cute!!!
Love you both!

s.niccoli said...

That is too funny! I can see geej using olive oil or something...but he has never tried to make brownies, maybe on his mission...?

McGuire's said...

That is too great! He was very clever in thinking to use PAM, never would've thought of that. I wonder what the brownies looked like or tasted like? So funny! and if you haven't already done it, yes i think you should do Brooke's show. You would do great and let me know when it will be on. Hope I haven't missed it.