Monday, February 16, 2009

Flours! Fleurs! Flowers!


I love in the movie Stranger than Fiction when Will Ferrell gives his Maggie Gyllenhaal "Flours" instead of Flowers as a gift. It is clever and personal because she owns a pastry shop. Marty knows the way to my heart is real flowers and this year he got me green tinged roses (my most favorite color). We had a great Valentines day. Marty made me heart-shaped pancakes, let me go to yoga, which was put to all great loves songs, and at the end of the day we watched Breakfast at Tiffany's. (That is a very interesting movie. Anyone else out there have an opinion on it?)























Yesterday was the Sabbath and I received my new calling in church. Counselor in the Primary Presidency!! I'm excited, but a little nervous because I haven't really thought a lot about Primary since I was in Primary. I'm serving with great women and I think I will learn a lot. I might ask for sharing time ideas now and again, so if you have good ones, let me know!

Lastly I finished my crafty valentines. We (patch girls) started making valentines in Vegas last weekend and I've been wanting to finish them all week. I decided to make them for my Parents and my lil sis Suzy. They turned out cute, but trying to do this project at my house made me realize I don't have a lot of supplies. So these reflect ribbons, paper, paint, letters, etc from past projects and gifts. They weren't hard and were great full of candy!! I would definitely do them again!

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Love the "flours." Happy Valentines. And congrats on the new call. I'm counselor #2 in our primary, so let's definitely swap ideas. You will love primary!

allegra said...

ah, you'll be great in primary! cool calling, and cute little valentines you guys made! those are adorable.

Natalie said...

Cute stuff. I love Breakfast at Tiffanys, the story is a bit strange I know but overall I like it. Have you never seen it before? I'm so excited for you to be in Primary. Is Becky still the Pres? If so, you will have a fabulous time in Primary. It is a great place to be.

Karen said...

You Karen and Megan are going to be an awesome team. You have the spirit with you and that's all you need. The kids will love you! Move into our neighborhood and you'll have all the ribbon and supplies a lot closer than the store (actually you do right now too ;)

jill said...

Ahh, Primary. I have logged almost 8 years in a Primary presidency, it's a fun place to be!All you need is a subscription to The Friend and you'll be fine! Thanks for the great Valentines day package, the kids are CURRENTLY playing with the covered wagons, they love it! And the slippers, they have barely left my feet! You'er the greatest! Thank you!

Jewels said...

Are you kidding me with those crafty hearts?? They turned out great! I LOVE the one with the tissue flowers on top. You'll do great in Primary, I'm excited for you!

Andrea said...

Dude! Your hearts are awesome!!! I am so proud of your craftiness...
And Primary!? Congrats... serve for me. :-)

Unknown said...

Jess-You are one crafty gal! Love the Valentine boxes. I may need to steal that for next year! I think serving in the primary is the best calling in the Church! Seriously! You will be amazing! So...come visit me please! :)

kim huish said...

Hey Jess! I'm in the primary presidency in my ward too! One of the best things for planning sharing time is sugardoodle.net. They have all kinds of ideas for sharing time and stuff. I don't always use the ideas but at least it is a start. Good luck!

megan said...

So thrilled to be working with you and all your cuteness you just radiate! What darling valentines too!