Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gone to Bed

Marty is in bed. It has been a busy day full of the things which have prevented me from blogging about our home situation. The beautiful mid-century modern home is on the back burner (well actually I think Marty has dumped it down the kitchen sink!) The home is not a "deal" in this current market and we would still need to do some pricey updated. It also pulls us aways from our friends and lifestyle that we have grown so found of.

The other reason we so easily put it aside was a home we found in the neighborhood we have been looking into. It is a "deal" but needs lots of updating. We have been spending our nights talking over the pros and cons, looking at plans until midnight with Marty's parents, and walking through several times. The fun part about the home is we could make it our own. We can choose all the remodeling we want to do and we aren't ripping into someone's remodeling that we don't care for. If we purchase the home we would likely live in our home now, until we were able to finish some of the large remodeling- kitchen, bathrooms, raising ceilings, cutting a new staircase, etc. Sounds exhausting just typing it!

Which leads me to my "Gone to Bed" title of this post. I am wide awake. Wondering about all the things this home could be for us. I've been looking at my magazines, sketching, searching online... I can't seem to turn my brain off. But, oh no, my dear Marty man can go right to sleep. I'm so envious and a little bit mad! Is your man this way?


The other thing that has my wheels-a-spinning is Brooke Walker, my friend and the host from KSL's Studio 5 called. She was at my home for Nicole's baby shower a few weeks ago and saw my cookbook shelves. She thought they were great and wants to do a small segment about them. She said they would bring a camera down and film a short little clip of me telling about my shelves! I can't talk on TV! I've only agreed to walk or smile on Marty's commercials and I'm so nervous. I told her that I would think about it, but I feel bad saying no. What will I wear? What will I say? Tayva and Jewels... I need some tips! Really, it will probably not be a big deal. I'll just tell about the shelves... they are really cute and I am proud of the idea! What do you think? Should I just do it and quit being camera shy?


(Here is a photo of the shelves last year! There have been a few additional cookbooks added to spice things up and replace the ugly ones!)

8 comments:

Tayva said...

Okay, first, you have what a lot of "actors" don't: presence! Your personality just shines---you won't have to think about being clever or perky or intelligent or interesting because you already are all of those things and that's what the camera will see, too. And, yes, you will still be nervous. BUT, just 'talk' friend to friend. (And tell me when you're on!!!) XOXOX

Randi Patch said...

Jess, you're a star! haha.. that's so awesome she is doing a piece on your shelves. You are so classy and you will be great! Don't stress it and just have fun showing off your great shelves!

Meg said...

Do it!! Ruby and I watch studio 5 in the mornings...would love to see you!!! You'll be great!

hayleyrowan said...

do it, if anyone can, it's you. go to Jcrew and find something to wear, they have super cute things right now. don't stress about the house, i know you'll make the right choice.

Jewels said...

I am so not worried about you - my Mom is totally right: Just talk friend to friend! She will set up her questions so that it's very easy for you to answer. She'll say something like, "So, where did your idea come from to place cookbooks on shelves?" and you can simply answer, "I've always thought that cookbooks have great, colorful covers, it's a perfect way to have art in your kitchen. Not to mention it's handy to grab one off the shelf to find a recipe!" Blah blah blah, they all smile and you're brilliant. Practice in the mirror and don't even worry about it, you'll be great!

Also - you're worried about what you're going to wear? Honestly - you could wear a bathrobe and look smashing.

Karen said...

You totally have to do it. Tayva is 100% right and so is Jewels... go for the bathrobe!

I'm just like you when my brain starts going on creative things at bedtime...I'm in trouble.

I'm excited the house in THE neighborhood is a good possibility.

s.niccoli said...

you have to do it! i went on the show and showed how to fold napkins! thanks for posting, I have been waiting!

A and L said...

jess-

i read this the other day and was so excited about you finding a house! then your dad wanted me to call him about a house that we had looked at in orem. did you guys decide to give up on this house?