Tuesday, February 3, 2009

M&M's for Breakfast


(Beverly Hills Housewife, 1966, David Hockney)

Well this morning has been a totally bust. I can't get my mind off of the above! Yesterday Marty and I went through a home in Provo that looks just like this painting. I can't believe it is in Provo and I can't believe it is for sale. My problem is I don't want to leave our ward and our surrounding area. We are right by the park, the canyon trail, and the shops! It has been so wonderful and we absolutely love our home, but everyone keeps telling us to look for homes because, "Now is the time to buy!"

This home is truly amazing. It has everything that a mid-century modern home should have.It was even built in 1966 like the painting. It has glass windows out the back, 10 foot ceilings (and taller), a library, Coi ponds (which Marty thinks we should change into a stone jacuzzi), it is mostly one floor living, a huge master bedroom, views of the mountains, bamboo floors, and the original crystal knobs in the master closet. It is so cool and so charming. I want it! But I don't! What should we do? Help?
Should we stay in the place we love or move into a house we love?

We are going through it again this afternoon with Marty's parents. I'll keep you posted and hopefully we won't have to make a decision too soon and will be able to really think about what is best. Wish us luck!

I did let Graham have M&M's for Breakfast because my mind is somewhere else.
(I also had M&M's for Breakfast!)

:)

11 comments:

kim huish said...

sounds so exciting! Tyler and I would love to live in a house like that!

Jewels said...

Um, BUY the house!! Seriously, if I am stuck and can't seem to find the house that Cody and I want, buy it for me - buy it because you have the opportunity. I, *sigh*, will live vicariously through you.

And I want to see pictures! I bet it's gorgeous...

jill said...

Buy the house!

Andrea said...

Well, I know I don't have to tell you it's a serious thing that you guys obviously have to feel good about and get on your knees about... but JESS... changes open up amazing experiences in life. Who knows what great ward/friends (and friends for Graham!)/family experiences you will have in the next phase?! It could be something wonderful or not the right thing now. So... I'm no help. Hopefully the spirit will side with the rad house- because it sounds fab. :-)

Karen said...

JESS, listen to the voice of reason! Houses come and houses go but WARDS... they're forever... and Marty won't get out of being bishop by moving, sooner or later they'll catch up with him.

BUT I guess you can't live in your condo forever darn it! Do what you feel is best... we'll still love you. I guess we'll just have to get together for dinner and stuff instead of visiting at church.

Honestly though, the YM will never be the same again... neither will the ward for that matter. Your family will always be in our hearts and prayers even if you don't live in our ward...

Can they move that house to the lot next to the Shciesses?

A and L said...

I know that house! I've been through it. It's about a block from Kathy and Dean. {It has to be the same one.} It is VERY cool.

It is such a great time to buy. If you are thinking of doing it in the next few years you might as well do it now. Any strong friendships you have made in the ward carry over with you. Look at our families!

McGuire's said...

That is so fun and exciting. See what your parents think. Think about it. If you can't stop thinking about it, then you probably really want it. The house sounds awesome. Make sure you get it for what it's worth in This market -hopefully a steal - and then you'll do great in years to come when you move again. good luck! I bawled all the way from our tiny basement in Orem to our house in Lehi. I did NOT want to move and leave Our apartment and Our ward. I had brought both my babies home there. But now we LOVE it here. It didn't take long to enjoy the change.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessi, I think I know the house you are talking about. Is it on 175 East and looks over University Avenue?
We went through a house that sounds just like that before we bought our house almost 3 years ago. How funny if it is the same place.

Chelsea Anne said...

I am pretty confident the right thing to do is move next to me.

hayleyrowan said...

that sounds really exciting. i can't wait to hear what happens.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

WHA??!?! did you buy it? oh, please tell me you did- my dream is a mid-century, but they are SO hard to come by here! just buy it and if you hate it then i'll take it off your hands once steve's done with law school!