Thursday, June 10, 2010

Paint!








To quote my father in law... "What a week I'm having!"


We are in the middle of painting the exterior of our house and it is causing me to be pulled in many directions. I have been to every paint store in the Salt Lake Valley (well just Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore, Home Depot and Lowes!) But imagine taking Graham into a place with colorful cards that he wants to collect. I seriously think I spent half my visit putting all the cards back. Well actually my last stop I just put him back in the car when I was done and ran back in the store to clean up.

Above are two of the colors we are using. They are certain. The Martha Stewart "Cement Gray" and the bottom right corner, "Dark Cavern" It is the third color, the light color, that is making me lose sleep. I have been back and forth but I think that is should be the Benjamin Moore, Thunder. (Tayva you are probably reading this and thinking... they changed again!)

I have to wake up tomorrow morning bright and early to get more paint. But to be totally honest I'm so tired! (Do I write about being tired a lot on here?!) Today I left two different stores and forgot the thing I purchased! I used to be a with-it kind of gal!

What happened to me?!

Remodeling.

5 comments:

Tayva said...

Okay, first: so NORMAL! Remodeling is tragedy, comedy, and farce all rolled into one. It's makes you crazy to not do it and crazier when you do it, thus 'NORMAL'! Thunder was great, too--really and truly, buy a gallon and paint something and then look at it. You'll know when you see it. You WILL know. Trust me. And trust your instincts. LOVE YOU!!!

Meg said...

Hang in there Jess...when things settle down I need to see you! (and call if you need me to watch mr. graham). miss you.

Laura said...

Remodeling kills brain cells. Or at least deactivates them for a while. You are totally normal!

McGuire's said...

I want to see what you've done! Takes pics! I forgot to ask you when you were here, what colors i need to paint my walls? i don't even know where to start, so i've done nothing and live with white walls. Next time you come. I've totally lost my mind.

natalie todd said...

Amen sister. When we remodeled our house I promised myself we would never do it again... I may be eating my words one day. But I'm not a fan of all the decisions, stress, stuff everywhere, etc.

It will all be worth it though and amazing cuz its you :)