Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Slaves and Birthdays!


This is not our yard, nor did I take the photo


Marty and I have just sat down after what feels like the longest day of our lives!
We have worked and worked and worked!
Marty fixed our broken sprinklers today, but the crazy thing is after all that work our yard is still all torn up from last weeks mega concrete removal.

I've never really seen Marty so worn down. The poor man collapsed at the top of the stairs and didn't move for twenty minutes. I had to provide him with load of food before he had the energy or desire to get up.

I worked myself to exhaustion inside. I made a serious organizing mess earlier in the week that I've been paying for big time!

My dear Mama and sis Suz took Graham for us all day. They went swimming in "Nanny's" pool twice, rode in the wagon, played with bubbles, fed the dog, etc. A much better day that staying home with Mom and Dad.

Speaking of my wonderful mother, she is turning 60 tomorrow! I can't believe it! She looks so young and is so beautiful! She is a such a wonderful mother, grandma and friend. We can't wait to spend the day with you tomorrow!

We love you Mama Jan!



2 comments:

Tayva said...

Happy Birthday to Jan! You're right: your mom's A-one, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Hang in there, sweet kids. It'll all work out and come together. It really will. XOXO

sumthinghappened said...

Happy 60 Jan!