Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Babies, and more Babies

(Kim, Brooke, Emily, Stephanie, Nicole, LeeAnna, me!)

I threw a shower for Nicole Clawson because she is having TWINS!
When I first found out before the holidays I could barley sleep that night! I know that probably sounds crazy because I'm not having the twins, but I'm secretly (I guess not so secret anymore) so jealous she is having twins. I really want twins after what happened with my last pregnancy. Two for the price of one.... Brilliant!
I'm so happy for Nicole! Yay!

This was such a great shower because it was a few of our close friends. We were able to eat, laugh and talk for hours. I could never have pulled it off without my savvy caterer, Steph! She was amazing and brought all sorts of deliciousness to the table. We had cheese fondue with veggies, fruit and baguettes to dip. We had cucumber sandwiches and pumpkin muffins with dollops of cream cheese frosting! I made the mini cheesecakes (which is now a major weakness for me... I never even liked cheesecake until these... thanks Suz). Emily brought the pink drink which is also sooo good. My mouth is totally watering as I write this!



This was a great moment! Nicole put her arm around Kim's shoulders and asked us, "Do you notice anything the same about us?" (or something very similar to that!) Kim is pregos too! It is so funny because Nicole and Kim seem to do everything at the same time... They got engaged close together, married days apart, and now babies! Fun Stuff!
This photo is them laughing because they were trying to take a picture side by side, but Nicole kept telling Kim to make a certain inappropriate face and we all were laughing and laughing... including them!


We played shower games. Steph and I with our bibs. We had to eat applesauce quickly and I pretty muched sucked. I was so gaggy and nearly lost my lunch. We should have used the method of the other team. Each twin take a bite. It leaves time for the other to swallow!

This next photo is still killing me a week later. As we were all sitting around relaxing my friends start to tell me about the time I wore tights with seranwrap wrapped around me as a skirt to a high school stag dance. They said I had on a green tanktop and when we went to get in the jeep outside my house, my Dad came after me and said I wasn't going any where wearing that! Okay, I have no, complete zero, recollection of this event. They all remembered it as a strong memory, but me... nothing! Don't you think I would remember being yelled at in front of my friends. And my Dad didn't get mad at me very often so I would remember it if he did. But still nothing. So later that night Emily emails everyone this picture! There I am with my green tanktop and seran wrap skirt! What were we thinking? No one else is dressed up at the stag dance. If any of you girls can shed any more light on the situation that would help!

We do look pretty good though, a little slutty, but good! :)


(Nicole, Kim, Emily, Me, Steph!)

5 comments:

Randi Patch said...

Dang Jess, you really know how to put together a shower! It turned out way super cute.

McGuire's said...

That was soooooo fun! Too bad we can't have a shower every month. It was beautiful and so yummy jess and steph.
For the HS picture, what were we doing with the aluminum foil? I just remember getting ready at your house, not much after that. It was fun though!!

kim huish said...

That was such a fun shower and I agree with Emily- I wish we could get together more often! I also don't remember why we dressed up because I was laughing too at how no one else is dressed up. We always seemed to do our own thing...

hayleyrowan said...

what an adorable shower, you girls are all so cute.

Mandy said...

Old friends and new babies - so fun. Adorable shower and I'm with you on the twin thing. I'll take two babies minus the pregnancy please, thank you!