Thursday, January 22, 2009

Marty's the Birthday Boy!


In honor of Marty's 33nd Birthday I stole this party hat from Andrea's blog (thanks Awa!)
He really is 33! He is my old man that I love so dearly and because of that I will now list 33 reasons why. This is a family blog so I will consider the public as I record. And this is a noninclusive list in no particular order.

33. How he wears pj's to bed. He thinks that he has to be dressed, just in case their is an emergency during the middle of the night he doesn't was to run around in his unders.
32. How he cleans up the dishes every nights and says, "Babe! You cook the food, the least I can do is the dishes!"
31. His old man style. He likes old man shoes and old school sweaters. He pulls it off great, but a lot of the time I couldn't pull it off the rack.
30. The way he loves his civic. He will drive that car until it dies. And until then he will drive it daily to Salt Lake.
29. His ability to teach the Gospel. Any one that has ever heard Marty speak knows he has a gift in public speaking. He is so eloquent and well-spoken. He is knowledgeable and wise.
28. His dancing. It is a little embarrassing in public. But I love it at home!
27. The way he loves my little sister Suzy. He "dated" her while I was in London and they have this special bond that I will forever love.
26. He bathes Graham nightly. He gives him the best bath and makes sure he is lathered in cream in all the nooks and crannies.
25. I love to hear him read Goodnight Moon to Graham.
24. His love of Movies. We watch movies all the time and just enjoy being together with some popcorn and a blanket. The whole experience is really quite delicious.
23. Specifically, his love of the movie Pride and Prejudice. The new one! Yikes, I know we are a little out there for liking this one, but Marty points out such amazing aspects of the film. If you want to make Marty your best friend, just ask him to watch the director's commentary of P and P with you. I promise!
22. His ability to fix, clean, hang, build, you name it- he can do it or figure out how to do it!
A man's man.
21. His ability to fall asleep in seven seconds.
20. The way he tells me that I will get better; to hear no doubt in his voice. It is a gift to me!
19. To see him interact with the young men in our ward. It is very funny!
18. To know that there are so many people out there that think Marty is amazing and to know he is mine!
17. That he loves his new brown silky
16. That he spoils me rotten (even though I sincerely tell him not to)
15. That he and Graham look so much alike
14. That he calls Graham "My Son!"
13. His ability to see the best in people no matter how many times they knock on your door! :)
12. His very manly, thick brown hair
11. His devotion to the Lord and the Gospel.
10. His ability to answer my Gospel questions.
9. His tender heart
8. His patience in all things
7. His undivided love for Graham
6. His dark brown "cow" eyes
5. His hands
4. His dry and witty humor
3. His ability to see no faults in me (even though I have plenty)
2. His Christ-like Character
1. His willingness to be my daily companion and to enjoy and endure this life hand in hand.

7 comments:

Tayva said...

What a great tribute from a great girl to a great son! I loved reading every word and catching up with all the Christmas blogs---what a treat! Thanks for all the work to post; I love you!

Jewels said...

Same, I loved catching up on all your Holiday goodness. And Marty is a total prince, Happy Birthday to him!

Meg said...

I loved reading this post...It reminded me of being in patho together and hanging out with you and Marty...Just like you said, I quickly realized what a catch you had!! (his catch wasn't too bad either :). Hope your doing well...I am working on getting my dad ready to date.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Marty Pants! We love you guys and miss you...I loved your tribute, it brought a tear to my eye. What a wonderful couple you are, we are so glad you're our friends. It was great seeing all your holiday photos, Graham is too too cute! xoxo

Andrea said...

This was great. I loved #18. Happy Bday Mowties!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to Marty. It's always great (in light of your experiences with the young men) to see you make it to another birthday still functioning! It truly is a miracle and we feel blessed by your awesomeness. BTW I too love P and P and would love to hear the directors commentary someday.

McGuire's said...

I loved the tribute. You two are PERFECT together. I'm so happy you found eachother. Happy Birthday Marty!