Thursday, January 22, 2009

Skiing!

me and meg, my sister

I look pretty happy in this picture, because I am! To me this was a momentous occasion. I remember last year during the holiday my family went skiing and I was still just trying to walk up stairs. I remember wondering if I would ever ski again. I tried to think I would, you know, positive energy, but I did have my doubts. So when my family planned to go skiing this year, I planned to go with them. I was actually surprised at how I felt. I was able to keep up with the others and thoroughly enjoyed my hot chocolate at the end of the day. I'm not going to say I felt great afterward, because pretty much I felt like collapsing, but I did it! I love achieving goals. It is very rewarding. I am so thankful for the things I've been able to do this last year. As I was skiing down the mountain with the cold wind on my face I thought about how invigorating it is to ski, but more than the actually skiing I was just so grateful to being doing something I had thought I never would do again!

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Jess, I am SO happy that you are doing so well! It brings joy to my heart to see you have so much energy, doing the things you love. I LOVE You.

Meg said...

GO JESS!!!

Unknown said...

You can really pull off the Russian ski bunny look!!! What a fun day we had-broken ski binding and all!! Love You!

McGuire's said...

Way to go!! I'm so happy you did it! That is Huge. I skied once last year for the first time in 5 years (so sad) and Loved it. But I only skied for 2 hours and my legs were dying. There is something about skiing though that makes you feel good.