Thursday, January 22, 2009

Christmas Catch Up

I just sat down at my kitchen table with a bowl of soup. My plan was to lay Graham down, heat up my soup and finally post after all these long weeks. But for some reason (teething I think) Graham has decided he doesn't want to sleep and he is crying very loudly. It is very deflating!

Now I'm back. It seems that Tylenol and a little warm milk has done the trick. At least for now.

I'm now going to try and recap a very fun and exhausting (on my part) holiday season.



One of Marty's main Christmas present was a book I made for his in iphoto. It included pictures of when he was young and he and his mom's favorite poetry. Marty and his Mom can recite many beautiful poems and I've always thought it was incredible. This photo is from Lake Powell when Marty was young. I put it next to a poem Marty's mom wrote entitled,




"Desert Sonnet."

Our passenger disclaims our landscape, "bare."
Bemused, the desert quiets down her cast
Of subtle color, withholds her perfumed air.
She shades her jewels from eyes that do not ask.
To me, her forms are home; are psalms of grace.
I've felt her tantrum storms, seen August's blight,
Known spring's and winter's pauses, shared her face
As dawn prepared a morning bath of light.
I've climbed her painted cliffs, borne sun's last arc
'Til moon the curfew called. And made a bed
To watch the stars burst over her, and marked
The wind: from breeze to gust to breeze, then dead.
Though fortune's turn has borne me from her land,
I'm quick to own my veins are filled with sand.

-Tayva Patch

This book took so much time and effort and to make a very long story short I had to recreate it three times and it still did not get here by Christmas. I ended up give it to Marty for his Birthday on January 15th, but it was still oh so sad. He did love it though so it was still worth it.



Next I will try and recap Christmas. My cousin Lauren got married just before Christmas so we were able to be with lots of family which was very fun. This is a photo of Graham enjoying his lunch at Market Street. He feels just like his mother about their clam chowder. Yummmmmy!










This is not a great photo of our Christmas tree, but it's all I got! Marty was very overwhelmed during the holiday so I decided to take the burden away from him by doing the lights myself. I started to panic because I didn't want to let him down with the lights (because he really does care so much about them) so I called his mom and she came to my rescue. She came down to my home and we put lights on the tree for four hours! We put 2700 lights on the whole tree versus 3400 lights on half last year. It looked very pretty! Thanks Tayva for teaching me the Patch way of Christmas lights!

1 comment:

Chelsea Anne said...

Oops. I guess I should have scrolled down.