Saturday, November 22, 2008

Angels We Have Heard on High

Feeling it with the giant headphones!
(I'm a nerd!)

Kalani, my student

Recording Studio aka mi casa
p.s Graham slept through the whole thing!

I teach harp lessons. I have for years, but as of right now I have only taken on three students. Finding a babysitter for three hours a week is hard enough! One of the greatest parts about having so few students is, I can really focus on each one and what they need. Kalani is one of my students and is very talented, but she needs a goal to push her forward. Through the late summer she struggled practicing and I was getting a little worried she was losing her passion for the harp. But then she came up with the idea to record some of her music for her Grandparents that are on a mission in Hong Kong. Well, this was the goal she needed! We decided to pick 10 songs and work hard on perfecting them for a CD. I asked Marty to help us record the CD and of course he said yes. (On the side- Marty is truly the sweetest, most selfless person on this planet. He sacrificed his whole night and even acted interested in our recording session! He is editing the recording and took the best pictures of Kalani for the cover of the CD. He is truly the best and I love him!) The night was a success and Kalani played beautiful. Her sister even came over to play a Christmas Duet on the piano for the last song. Kalani was so happy and it made me so happy. I love teaching. It is so rewarding to see someone you care about learn a talent, sets goals and acheive them.

7 comments:

Tayva said...

You are all angels the the photos; kudos to Kalani, to Marty, and to you! What a wonderful post! Can we get a copy of the CD? Many XO's

Andrea said...

You are SO nerdy and I still love you! :) Actually, NOT a nerd and I still love your awesome brown hair. And your hubby looks cute in that photo. Good for Kalani and her great teacher!

hayleyrowan said...

that's really cute what a good idea.

Jewels said...

How cool! That's great that she was able to record at your house. You are so cute, so is Marty, so is Kalani...

kim huish said...

Those girls are in my parent's ward. They are the cutest family! Thanks for the birthday message. I don't know when I'll be up to Utah next because my family is going to California for Christmas...I'm hoping it is soon though!

s.niccoli said...

I will comment right here for all your posts. Very cute, it looks like you have had some fun! I love "date" you had with some bacon, pretty funny!

Chris and LeeAnna Marlais said...

Love love love the dark hair, Jess.