Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Party!

When I was young my Grandma would take Suzy and I to Utah Lake to feed the ducks. It was a highlight for me that still brings a smile to my face. My Grandma would pop fresh popcorn and divide it up into two brown paper sacks. We would ride down to the lake in the back of her sedan (with the pink towels covering the seats... that is another story) and we would hop out and the party would begin. The ducks would surround us as we gave them of our goodies. I loved it! I still do! And that is why today I took Graham to Jamestown (we didn't have enough time to go to the Lake) to Feed the Ducks. I'm so sad that the video I took of him didn't work (I had it on the wrong setting, stupid me) because the noises he was making were priceless. He was so excited that he was squealing. It was a party with me and Graham. I knew he would like it... he's my son, how could he not?
I also know my Grandma was looking down at us smiling on our party.

She taught me well.


Me: "Don't grab the bars... the duck will bite your finger!!!"


Graham's thoughts: "Mom, quit saying my name... I'm trying to feed the ducks!"

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow...when did he get so big? He's adorable, what a fun thing, I wish I could do this with my kids someday...the problem you ask? I'm afraid of DUCKS! What a good mama you are. Miss you.

Tayva said...

What a great thing for you to pass along to Graham! And--just for the record?---our kids would feed the ducks when they visited their grandparents in Arizona. There was a park by their house in Mesa; I think Marty was about 2 or 3 when they started doing that. So, of course Graham would love ducks! It's on his mom AND dad's sides! Love you, XO

Suzy said...

You forgot to mention that Grandma would hang the bag of popcorn around my neck with yarn so that I could participate without interruption! :)I want to come next time!!!! Love you and the cookie!!!!

McGuire's said...

What a fun thing to do! You're a sweet mama. Graham is looking so big! and handsome!

Mandy said...

Oh Jess, I'm laughing at the cute story of your Grandma's car, the towels, the popcorn, the ducks and missing you and the ducks at Jamestown. Madeline and I would have duck parties of our own there. Be sure to read "Make way for Ducklings" to Graham next. Cute.

Unknown said...

Oh MY Gosh! Graham is so delicious! He is so big! It is sad that I haven't seen him since the summer! You are a cute momma to go feed the ducks with the little man! I should do that with Ava, she would love it! We can't wait to see you!