Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sleepy Hallow



I just have to say... I am so tired right now so please forgive me if this post trails a bit. We had a fun Halloween and I took our Little Frankenstein to Marty's work and made these breadsticks ladyfingers for the party. This is not my photo, but they looked just like this, but with red fingernails. It was very fun and not hard at all!

That evening we went over to a neighbors house for chili, cornbread and treats. Our neighborhood is the greatest! Everyone was outside (because the weather was so great) with a fire, treats, or festivities. We didn't get one trick or treater at our home, but I was so tired I didn't even care this year. I think there is a theme this month. I'm so tired! I try to keep up with everyone else, but it is wearing on my body and my soul. I've been going down on my medications, but I think I might have gone down a little too much because my heart has really been acting up this week. I feel that I should just be better and done with POTS. But really I'm just adjusting to living with it right now. Maybe I shouldn't be posting about this, but I know there are other people out there that are dealing with their day to day trials... and they are so tired too!

I'm really happy and loving doing so many things with Graham that last year at this time I thought I might never be able to do. I think that I should just stay positive, get some sleep (which daylight savings has totally thrown off Graham's sleeping and my neighbor keeps knocking during his nap so he is tired and cranky and therefore I'm tired and cranky) and I'll start again tomorrow.

I already feel better.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like a fun Halloween, Jess. I'm sorry you are tired. Daylight savings threw off our family too and we've been wiped out all week. Of course, I know you are struggling more than me so I can't complain... but I'm glad you vented. You hold everything together so well and will always be positive but we all relate to fatigue, esp. in trials. Hang in there. :-) I love you! (and that wee Grammy!)

s.niccoli said...

Hang in there Jess. You may not be 100% your old self but look at how far you have come since last year! You are amazing and you have a stinking cute baby boy! I love you!

Amelia said...

You know, sometimes writing it down and letting it out just makes us feel a little better, huh?! I am totally with you. I am very sad that you are struggling with this frustrating POTS thing. I had never hear of it before you had it. I just hope you feel better. Just keep praying for strength. I hope for the best for you. I must say that Graham was a cute little Frankenstein and your lady fingers are perfect! So cool! Hang in there!

natalie todd said...

So sorry to hear you are struggling with that dang POTS again. You are always so positive about it, never complaining. You are such a trooper and I just love and miss you so much. I'm sorry you are dealing with this trial right now (and have been).

Sorry I made a comment about Graham being 7 months old. I don't know what I was thinking, I know he is 1.

McGuire's said...

I'm sorry it's been a bad week. That darn neighbor, what is he thinking. Maybe you should put a note on your door while graham is asleep that says "no knocking or ringing please, i'm serious."!! Those lady fingers are so freaky!! Great idea! Glad you had a fun Halloween.