Sunday, December 7, 2008

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!

After trying to convince Marty of the benefits of a fake pre-lite tree, he still prevailed! One of my reasons was that it is less likely to catch fire. In our little household this is a serious concern after last year when Marty decided to put 3400 lights on 1/2 of the tree. (He takes serious pride in how well a tree is lite.) He did less on the back and we stuck it in a corner. His family (well I should say his dear mother Tayva) is know for their tree lights. She used to wire the lights to their christmas tree!) This year Marty has decided to try icicles lights because you can get more lights without the weight. See below... the heat and the weight of last year's 3400 lights fried our Christmas tree.
So to the above tree... we hope this is a better year!



(Marty taking off the lights... notice the sticks as tree limbs!)

7 comments:

kim huish said...

How fun! You will have to post a picture of the decorated tree!

Jewels said...

OH MY GOSH!! When Marty told me that your tree was fried last year, I had NO idea it was that bad! I am still laughing, that is hilarious. We get a real tree every year, too. There's something about going to buy one and decorating it! Our main tree is the only live one we get - I'm not totally crazy...

Suzy said...

Wow I can't wait to see this years creation! Real trees are better until they die and then all the pine needles fall off and then clog your vacuum for 6 months.. lol!

Natalie said...

You guys crack me up. I love how very zealous Marty is with the lights. Post pics of the final product. xoxo

McGuire's said...

Wow, that is crazy it really fried the tree! I'm excited to see this year's finished project!

allegra said...

that's pretty funny. hey, at least he takes pride in the tree. Dan could care less. If we have one, that's good enough for him it doesn't matter if there's lights on it or not:)

Andrea said...

I'm with Suzy. It IS so nostalgic and smells great, though.... so I'll just smell yours and think of you when I put mine back in the box. :-) JK- loves!