Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What my hands hath wroth...




These are some photos of my little deck. I'm posting about this in hopes to express the joy my plants have brought me this summer. I've always wanted to plant flowers and such, but never had the earth to do it in. So this year, with the help of my dear Mama Jan, we planted these pots. There are three and they have grown so beautifully. These pictures don't do it justice, but they have stayed healthy and bloomed. They actually are still flowering. I love to water them. It makes we so happy that I haven't killed them like many of my house plants. I hope to someday have a garden of my own. A place to work the soil with my hands. It makes me feel close to God and nature. That might sounds silly, but I think of all the centuries of people working in their fields and the labor that it takes to help something grow. It is a beautiful thing!

The other aspects of my little deck are my Adironack Chairs, side table, pillows and my paisley lanterns. I love lanterns! Marty says they are gypsy lanterns, but he hangs them for me anyway. I love you Marty! All in all, I think the deck turned out very cute this summer!

7 comments:

Tayva said...

Jess, what WOULDN'T grow for you!? You are amazing and your deck still looks so beautiful. I love the colors and structure, from the plants to the lanterns. Well done! XO, 2nd Mom

kim huish said...

Looks cute! That looks like the perfect deck to me! Maybe when I'm in town I can hang out on it with you!

Natalie said...

I love your GYPSEY lanterns...can't wait for you to get out your pumpkins;-) Your deck looks wonderfully delightful...I just got some cute green adirondack chairs very similar to yours...great minds think alike.

I'm so proud of your gardening efforts...i'd show you a picture of my attempt this summer but, they're half dead...help!

megan said...

I love your deck. I look for you lanterns every time I pass your place. I love your plants and the ivy you have is my fav. I think that it would be a great place to watch the sunset while reading a good book and the snow fall with some hot coco.
PS I am loving the chair oh how i wish i could get some.
PSS if your lanterns are gypsey then mine are too. and I love it.

Jewels said...

I should tell you, I have always loved seeing your deck when I come over! It's so easy to spot - so Summery and welcoming, I always smile when I see it! Maybe we should sit out there sometime...great work, Jess! It's gorgeous! Love you!

Chelsea said...

Great deck Jess! I'm very proud of your planting success. They look great. It's amazing how much a little plant can chear up a place! It's all just lovely!

Amelia said...

Cute deck! I love the color blue! So fresh...anyway I also echo your feelings about being close to dirt and nature. It does make you feel closer to God. We planted a garden this year, and I am still SO amazed that a seed or two turns into a million zucchini!