Thursday, August 7, 2008

Toast Post


The past few weeks I've been thinking about things I've always wanted to do and never had the time, energy or knowledge to do so. I've been trying to eat healthy, which got me thinking about wheat, and Marty loves anything made of wheat because it says he thinks it is what God wants him to eat. This lead me to making whole wheat bread. This is a little window into my soul, but I rarely can accomplish anything entirely on my own, so I immediately talked with my mother-in-law, Tayva, and we made it happen that day. She had recently ground her own wheat. Impressed? You should be! So we made the bread and it was so good. I'm a little nervous to try it on my own, but I plan to do so soon. I think I'm ready to grow my own herbs and sew my own dresses. I've never been the most domestic gal, but I'm liking my home-tasks so much I think I might try to make strawberry jam to go with my bread!

5 comments:

Chelsea Anne said...

You must be feeling good, just reading this makes me tired.

You should post pics of your magazine worthy nursery.

Andrea said...

Oh the thrills in my heart that I feel reading your words. Isn't that the best feeling?! Interest, energy, motivation, curiosity, new mediums.... I love love love! I am so very proud of you and your wheat bread attempt. After that, you'll see that making strawberry jam is a snap-a-reeno. Seriously. Go now to Costco and get a flat of them and just pour it all over your new bread to celebrate. Tell Marty God likes it that way, too.

megan said...

Sounds yummy I love homemade bread it last about five minutes in my house. You must post the recipe.
P.S. Jane said yesterday "Oh look Graham he is soooo cute."

kim huish said...

Yum! I love homemade bread! It was fun to see you and cute Graham a few weeks ago!

Meg said...

Can I come make bread with you? Seriously..