Wednesday, January 9, 2008

TWELVE WEEKS

It has been twelve weeks since the birth of my tiny (well not so tiny any more) baby Graham! He is actually sick today with a temperature, cough and congestion... so sad.  Over the last twelve weeks so many people have helped us through the long days as we often watch the clock tick along. Thank You! I've held the words of my mother in the back of my mind, "You'll turn the Corner at twelve weeks!"  There is something about 12 wks postpartum that is significant and I'm holding my breath for the next seven days!:) 

I've been taking care of Graham for several days now on my own and surviving okay. I've also been doing the recumbent bike per doctors orders and taking all my medications.  So in summary I'm being a very obedient patient.  My goal for this next week is to be able to get Graham down to the car and back up again.  My sister Meg had a good idea and said I could just leave the car seat in the car and carry Graham solo.  This would help the weight factor when climbing the three flights of stairs!  I'll report when the goal is completed...

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Jess- I love your blog. Could Graham be any cuter? I was so happy to talk to you yesterday. It had been too long! It's good to hear the small improvements you're making everyday. I really can't imagine how tough life has been for you over the past few months. I've been so worried about you. Let's get together again soon. Maybe next time I can pick you up and go out to lunch!! Luv ya, Adrienne

McGuire's said...

Jess, Graham is so stinkin cute! Sorry he is sick, sick kids are so sad. You should look at Jill's blog from my blog. Abby has been soooo sick lately and jill posted some pictures of her. it's so sad.

McGuire's said...

Did you get kim's email? would you be able to meet on sat?

Jewels said...

Jess I am so proud of you! Car seats are a pain, aren't they? I think leaving it in the car is a great idea. I will certainly be thinking of you over the next week, I know you will keep doing better and better. I'm so proud of you, I love you!