Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Motherhood



So Marty is at work tonight late and I have access to a hard drive of photos. I know I should post pictures of the attic or the house because they really are fun, but I found these two photos and I can't stop thinking about them. The top photo is of Graham and I before church during the summer. I found out I was pregnant that day and I think I will forever love that photo because of it! I remember thinking, "Here we go!" Not knowing what was is store was scary and exciting. There has been lots of sickness between now and then, and some unknowns up ahead, but it is all worth it.

I think that brings me to the second picture of my Mom and Graham. Getting pregnant and having babies wasn't easy for her and I admire her so much for having 5 of us! The struggles and trials are really worth it in the end I think. I feel how much she loves me and how much she loves Graham and I can't help but ponder the wonder of Motherhood. How much you can really love unconditionally another person. It is even different that loving a sibling or a close friend, a mother's love for her child is a heavenly gift. It makes me understand a little bit of our Heavenly Parent's love for us. Truly an all encompassing love!

My Mom is going to help me with my upcoming birth and I know it will be special. We have had our "discussions" about me using a doula, doing this naturally and Marty's role, but she is with me! I know when the going gets rough there is no one who has my true well being in mind like my Mom. She would do anything for her children! She told me the other day the happiest days of her life was when she had a child. I know she is telling the truth:) I can't wait to bring this baby girl into our family soon! (Well actually I can wait until the attic is done!) I'm grateful for my Mother's example of loving her babies. Love you Mom!

5 comments:

Karly said...

Jess you look so beautiful pregnant. I also LOVE those photos Marty took. Cant wait to see your little Lady!

Jewels said...

Being a Mom is the greatest, hardest, most wonderful job in the whole world. I cannot wait to meet my new little niece!

hayleyrowan said...

you're mom is definitely the sweetest. she will help get you through! you look great. i've been thinking about you a lot. i'm glad you're feeling well. i can't wait to see the attic. so when you feel up to it lets do a a girls lunch in salt lake before the baby comes.

Meg said...

Beautiful post, Jess. And I'm glad you are posting again..I've missed you :) Ruby and I want to come see the attic project...and you and Graham. I also LOVED your darling pregnant pics in your swimsuit...you are glowing!

Can't wait to meet your little girl! Love you!

Lucy Beesley said...

jess its lucy clark beesley. i have my babies at home naturally. its the best thing ever and you will do great. lets talk some time!