Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Due Date

Well I can't actually believe I'm posting, but I'm 36 1/2 weeks pregnant and I feel like my life is in fast forward! I know with the baby approaching (Due date is April 3rd) that I want to document the fun things that have been going on in our little Patch family.

I have been feeling better the last while and I think I've let that momentum carry us into some large projects. After much deliberation, prayer and fasting Marty and I decided to...
finish our attic! This may or may not sound huge to you all, but it sounds huge to us! This will be a new bedroom for Graham, playroom, art room, and bathroom. We have had some delays getting started (we started two weeks ago), but we have 3 1/2 weeks until this baby is coming and we are on a tight schedule:) I don't want to let this time fly by and forget the process so I'm going to post pictures regularly to help us remember how crazy we are!

But first come with me back to January and let me show you some of our fun adventures!

Mexico 2011
Puerto Vallarta
La Jolla de Mismaloya

This is a favorite spot of ours! With some sky miles, xmas gifts from parents, babysitting from sister Suzy - can we say thank you enough to everyone- we were able to take a 7 day "Babymoon" before this next baby girl arrives.

We had so much fun reading, relaxing, eating, sleeping late, napping and being together!

It was heaven on earth!




















Whale watching tour in a very small boat!




















30 weeks pregnant!
I love these pictures Marty took of me because I look so happy... which I am! I'm so happy to be pregnant! I can't wait for this baby girl and even though I'm nervous about my health and doing the birth naturally I know that I can do it!

And the bikini shot is for when I'm 50 and will love to see that round belly growing:)
And for Marty because he likes skin!













Graham jumping off the diving board at swimming lessons!

He is getting to be such a good swimmer and he absolutely loves it! His teacher is named Rachelle and he listens to her better than he listens to me. He is not totally independent yet but getting really close! Can't wait for Nanny's pool this summer!








Snow!
We have had so much fun with the snow this winter. I think Graham could kick the snow or stomp the snow for hours. It must be a boy thing. He and I made this sad snowman a while back and it made me laugh. His eyes and dimples are made of chocolate covered pomegranates! A very gourmet frosty!


Marty's 800b Scout
Well if anyone knows my family (the Sumsions) or Marty's family (the Patches) you will know we have a lot of International Scouts between us! I'm not really sure what it is about these old cars, but the men I'm close with are obsessed!!
Marty has been looking for a long time for the one he wanted. We have owned three, wait four, different scouts during the process. Actually, there is another one behind those garage doors! haha! This one is a little rough, but when it is all done it will be so fun to take the top off and go for rides up in the mountains and get ice creams cones in the summer. That is my girl version of fun! I think Marty has different plans:) I grew up going to Fish Lake and riding in the back of a Scout so I hope to give my kids those same memories.


6 comments:

McGuire's said...

That car is great. I've never heard of a Scout, but going to the lake and eating icecream cones in one sounds like fun! I'm going to have to talk to you about graham swimming, that's amazing. and your trip looked glorious. But I was thinking were are all your stretch marks?? you stink

Suzy said...

I had given up all hope on your blog sister! I was so happy reading that I was sad when I go to the end. You look beautiful in the Mexico pics and graham is so cute with his goggles on! How did you get the picture to work? All I got was steam! Miss you!

Tayva said...

Oh, you wonderful dear person! You blogged! LOVE the photos and the recap. I know you can't put stuff up every day but it's like a book I can't get enough of. I want an 8 x 10 of Graham in the goggles! XOXO

Jewels said...

Jess, what great pictures!! Love the pics of you and Marty relaxing on your vacay - I sort of hate you because you look so marvy pregnant! Me? Less so. And little Graham is the most darling darling on the planet.

PS - now that I see those great pictures of the Scout and you talking about all the fun things to do in them during the Summer? I want another one. Bad.

kim huish said...

The scout! I remember going to fish lake with you guys years ago in the scout! I also love the pictures of graham swimming with that cap on- so cute! And, you look darling in your swimsuit in Mexico. That must have been so fun to get away with Marty!

Brian said...

You said that Marty likes skin? I don't believe that! None of the Patch males like skin, we're just not like that. Are you thinking of someone else?