Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Suzkitten


Suzy, my younger sister, has been training for the Nike Woman's Marathon in San Fransisco. She has been training with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program where she not only does her miles, but has also nearly reached her goal of raising $4000 to be donated to the research and curing of cancer. She has several hundred dollars left to go and needs your help! She and her fellow team members have compiled this cookbook in an effort to raise the funds. She put in a lot of our family's, "Mama Jan's" recipes, so we know they are good! The #1 cookie recipe, Hummingbird Cake, Jan's Rice, (my mouth is totally watering while I type this!) If you would like a cookbook she is selling them for $15.00. You can leave a comment on my blog or go to her blog on my side bar. "Suzy" Also, if you are feeling very generous you could also donate to the cause directly through her Team in Training website. Here is the link
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ut/nikesf08/ssumsion

Here is an excerpt from her blog:

Because I am doing this marathon to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society I need to fundraise. I have $660 dollars to raise by October 4th, that is less than 3 weeks away. I know that money is tight right now and gas is expensive and groceries are getting more expensive but people are still being diagnosed and dying from this horrible disease.

Help the Suzkitten do the Marathon and help cure Cancer!

Buy a Cookbook!

Thanks!

2 comments:

Tayva said...

Even knowing my complete inability to resist eating even those I make that AREN'T so great, and, then knowing this most likely has some really good ideas in it, AND, finally knowing it's all for a good cause and Suz is doing it? Save me 2. Go, Suz! XO, 2nd Mom

megan said...

Hey you I have been catching up with you and reading your blog. I have been off the wagon a bit because of sick kiddos. I love commercial #1. I LLLOOOVVEE the hand outs you made darling! Way to go Suzy! I am inspired. Someday I would love to run a marathon. Good luck with the run.