Friday, April 4, 2008

The Patch Family

Yesterday we attended the funeral for Marty's cousin, Darin Patch.  It was such a wonderful meeting.  I had never met him before so hearing his family and friends talk about him was a treat.  He passed away from Lung Cancer and left behind his wife Amy and 2 year old son Conlin.  They are an amazing family with such faith and courage.  We will continue to pray for them during this difficult time.


A funeral brings family together in an often unexpected way, but together nonetheless.  I feel very lucky to be part of such a 
wonderful family.  Brian Patch, my father-in-law, has eight siblings and they are all such kind and loving people.  I love being a small part of such a big group.






My even greater love is for my immediate Patch family.  Brian and Tayva, Marty's parents, are so amazing to me.  They help me so much and are constantly serving me.  They let me hang out with them and I love it!  We've been going to lunch, back and forth to SLC, and to the new Poliform store (beautiful modern furniture) this week.  I love them and want them to know!  Here are a few not so recent pictures... 

5 comments:

Tayva said...

Oh, Jess---How I love you! We are so lucky to have you in our family, and you brought us that wonderful little Grammy, too, what a great bargain!! What a lift you give me in my life. I treasure you every day. Love, Mom 2

Brian said...

Fair Yessica, you've always been a Patch, through and through! We love you and are so grateful to your wonderful parents for raising you just for us. You fit into our family better than some of our own children (Julia, don't read this) and we love you to pieces. Thanks for your kind words.

Brian (Woddlops)

Kateastrophe said...

Brian, you should be ashamed of yourself! Anyone can see that Julia is the wit and light of your family. Your other kids are swell, too - no question. In fact, most of us wonder how such amazing kids came from you. Luckily you have Tayva, who clearly did the brunt of the raising. Jessica, the Patch's talk of you often and love you so very much! Brian, go sit in a corner.

Love, Kate

PS - This may or may not be Julia signed in under Kate's account.

Andrea said...

Awww Jess! Loved this post. What a treasure you are to our family! My parents said it right- you fit and were raised to be part of us. We can't express how much we LOOOOOOVE YOU!!! I ache not living closer to be with you more often but admire you and adore you. Even more than my latest love of coconut cupcakes.

Lisa said...

Darin's wife's name is Lisa, not Amy.