Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Flu? Food Poisoning? What?

Just when you think it can't get any worse, just remember it can! Last Thursday I finally started to feel a little better from 6 days of POTS symptoms and then out of nowhere I got the Stomach Flu or something. For someone that has been nauseated and throwing up for over a year it is a pretty big blow to get the Flu! Marty was so wonderful and stayed home from work on Friday to take care of Graham and nurse me back to what strength I have. It has taken until today to feel as strong as I did before. But I'm doing better and am hopeful that I will have some good days ahead.


I wanted to post about my amazing brother Brett. He is the smartest man I know and is so dedicated to achieve his goals. I admire his determination and willingness to do hard things! He has been working for Dupont as a financial analyst (that doesn't really do it justice), and recently decided to apply to an Executive MBA program at Wharton in Philadelphia. He was accepted and will start in a few weeks. He is amazing and I love him! (He probably won't love this picture though!!!!)

6 comments:

Jewels said...

I'm glad you're feeling better - you did awesome at Ikea yesterday! Congrats to Brett, how can you not love that man? Such a great photo, no matter what he says.

Meagan Marie said...

Jess! Why didn't you tell me you were sick?! Is there anything I can do for you? What is your week like? The weather is too cold for the park, but maybe you could come up to my place and do something just to get out. or we could do lunch or what ever, call me! and I am glad you are feeling better!

megan said...

OH MAN!! I can't believe it. Glad you are feeling better. Let's pray for sun and good feeling days. Hang in there sweets!

Sarah said...

Don't you worry about a thing! I'm sad that you weren't at the shower, of coarse, but I'm more sad that you were sick you poor thing! I figured it was something like that...I knew you didn't just flake. Anyway, I really hope you're feeling better and thanks so much for your sweet gift. I'll stop by later if that's ok!

Adrienne said...

Jess, I really miss you. I've been thinking about you lots lately. Sad to hear you're sick with the flu :(. Let's go to lunch soon. I'll call you.

hayleyrowan said...

can't a girl catch a break!