Friday, February 1, 2008

Winter White

Again I woke up this morning to beautifully falling snow!  This winter has been so amazing.  It reminds me of the winters when I was a small girl and it seemed to snow daily.  There was always enough snow to make a snowman, snow angel or go sledding.  This winter is the same to me... yet I'm not doing any of the above mentioned activities!  

For those of you wondering about my POTS, again Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, I seem to be making slow progress.  But any progress is good in my book.  I spoke with the nurse practitioner at Vanderbilt again and she gave me some insight into the duration of what I'm going through.  Keep in mind this is what she has seen with other patients (so no guarantee) but she said that around  a year -plus people can function with pretty good stamina and activity level.  I know a year sounds like a long ways away, but for me that means light at the end of a very dark tunnel.  For so many weeks we thought there would be no improvement, so now I hold on to any ray of hope.  Thank you to all for your prayers, fasting concern and support!  We will make it... I love you!  

6 comments:

Jewels said...

Oh Jess, that is great news! I am still just so thrilled that there is a name for what you have, and that doctors do have a way to treat you. I know this has been the hardest thing ever, but you are handling it like a champion. I so admire that about you - I love you!

megan said...

Jess I am glad to hear that you are making progress. Baby steps and a day at a time. You have such a positive attitude and that makes such a difference. It really shines through in your posts. Much love.

Mandy said...

Hi Jess! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Reading your words and seeing pictures of Graham made me so homesick - I would give anything to be just down the road from you again. It would be so nice to share these winter days together. I am getting caught up on your condition and think you are truly amazing. Know that you are always in my prayers. Love you so much! Love, Mandy

Meagan Marie said...

You are such an amazing example to me!! I love you and my thoughts and prayers are with you daily.
PS. Tag you are it!! Check out my blog to see what that means. Have fun!!

Adrienne said...

Jess- we all DO miss you at work. Especially me. I don't know how it all worked out, but I'm not with Lynn, Becca or Angie. It was nice to have a good friend to suffer with at work:). Actually it's not too bad. I'm so glad to hear about the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been so worried about you. Let's get together soon. K?

Krista Miller said...

Jess...I stumbed across your blog via Natalies...It was so good to read up on you and your cute life. I hope you're doing well and feeling better...I think about you all the time and hope you're doing well...let me know if you need anything..in the mean time...I'll be spying on your blog. Love you:)