Wednesday, February 20, 2008

California Sun


I think this was the first time Graham has seen blue sky and sunshine! It was so wonderful to sit for a few hours and bask in the warmth. I think that the weather has a big influence on my spirits. Goodbye winter, hello spring! Please come so I can where skirts and sandals again.

I've never lived by the beach but after this day with my sister and fam I think I could get used to a weekly trip to the sandy shore. There were people playing games on the sand, jogging, and just relaxing to the sound of the ocean. (At the current moment I'm listening to Graham's sound machine of the rolling waves- not quite the same) Thanks to my mom and sister for such a fun long weekend!

8 comments:

TrinEthan said...

I am so glad you had fun! I am a little jealous, I just want spring to come!! I am tired of this yuck cold weather!!! We are glad you are back!

natalie todd said...

Yeah I'm glad you had such a fun trip. I agree... I could definately get used to living by the beach. And I still haven't met your sister who you used to say talked like me. How fun... aren't sisters the best. And I'm sure Graham loved the sand and sunshine.

I think about you a lot Jess. Love ya and miss you too!

Lindsey said...

So glad you had a fun weekend. I do have to admit, california at this time of year is quite nice. It is the time of year that I DON'T want to move back.

Adrienne said...

Jess! You are beautiful! I miss you tons and we need to get together for lunch. I'm so glad you had fun in CA. Now you know why I really really want to move back. I'm working quite a bit this weekend but next week lets plan on it. Graham's getting so big! What a cutie

Natalie said...

Such a cute pic Jess. You look great. Maybe you guys need to move her so you can enjoy the warmth & sunshine year round. Love you hun!

Jewels said...

LOVE the picture! You look so happy, and Graham is looking so toasty in the California sun! I'm so ready for Spring to be here - sunshine is good for the soul. PS - I love that shirt your wearing in the pic, where did you get it?

Andrea said...

Great pic, Jess! Looks like you guys had a great time...

McGuire's said...

That picture looks so wonderful and i'm glad you got to see Meg. Wish I were in cali!