Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Presenting... my new black walls!











I was talking to my mother-in-law a few weeks ago about the new paint color for the front rooms. I said Dark... she said Black. I've learned to always trust her (especially when picking paint) and I'm so happy I did. I think it turned out great! A lot of people we worried it would look like a dark cave or something, but there is so much light and the floors and trim help by being white. My friend Meg sent me an article entitled, Black is the new... ummm, black!

I think they are right! I love it!

11 comments:

natalie todd said...

seriously i LOVE it! I could never think of that but somehow you always come up with these great modern ideas and totally pull it off! I wish I could see the whole finished product in person. next time we're in town... i'm there. Love the New Years card too. you are sooooo creative my friend.

natalie todd said...

BTW i shipped your clothes today so be looking for a box on friday!

megan said...

LOVE IT!!!!! You have such great taste. I am dying and want a personal tour. We need to come visit. You christmas card was super clever too. You are inspiring me. Miss you

hayleyrowan said...

it looks great. it always feels good to do something different. i'm way impressed you did that and put out all your christmas decorations.

Annie said...

we both love the walls and the darling christmas card. dinner soon?

Laura said...

Wow, I would never have thought of black walls, but they look fantastic!

mer and josh said...

Absolutely positively love it. Great idea! Love the contrast up against that molding.

tara said...

wow, I love it! the white trim looks so great with it and really accents the architecture of the house. You are so clever and creative. What a beautiful and happy family! love you jess!!

Mandy said...

Are you kidding? I just got your Christmas card in the mail. Jess - it's perfect. You won - your card officially won my favorite card spot. Love your black walls - when are you coming to CA to decorate my home? Love you, M

shannon said...

They look awesome!!! Good work!

McGuire's said...

looks so good jess! I need to come see it!