Tuesday, September 15, 2009

This Old House will be our Old House on Monday!



As many of our friends and family already know we are moving to Salt Lake. It has been in the back of our minds for a long time now, but over the last year we realized that we are done with the commute, so started looking for a home. This home is only 7 minutes from Marty's work, which means he can come home on late nights instead of sleeping on the couch at work! We are so excited to be able to spend more time together. The last few weeks have been crazy at Cosmic Pictures and has even further confirmed our decision to move. It has been a hard decision to leave Provo, because let's face it... I love Provo! Both of our families live here and best friends around the corner. It makes me tear up just thinking about living in this old house in an unfamiliar area, but then I realize it is only 45 minutes away and that is nothing! I can jump in the car and come down anytime and people can come up and visit (oh please come visit!) I am going to miss Provo and our little condo. I love being so close to the canyon and using the trail throughout all the seasons. I love Mount Timanogous and will miss looking out my window and seeing it daily. It has been a wonderful place to live and Marty and I have so many good and growing memories living here!

The home we are buying is on Yale Avenue in Salt Lake. We are so excited about the area and living right across the street from a beautiful restored LDS Church building. It was built in 1913 and currently has 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. We are getting the home for a great price and are excited about all the remodeling plans. We plan to do some initial changes that are quite small before we move in (paint, carpet removal, remove those trees in the front), but then live in the home for 6 month to 1 year before starting the remodel. Anyone that wants to see the before feel free to stop by! It is something else inside! Sometimes I can't be we are actually buying it! Marty and I just look at each other and laugh and say, "What have we gotten ourselves into?!"

We will be moving probably mid-October!
I'm keeping track of all my Halloween boxes!
Can't let a move get in the way of decorating and celebrating my favorite holiday!

Happy packing days in process!

12 comments:

sumthinghappened said...

Awesome! It's a darling home and you will have it looking like "you" in no time at all! We are so excited for you and your move!

natalie todd said...

Congrats homeowner! Jess I can't believe its finally happening but it will be so fun I'm sure. Once you get all settled and some small changes the house will feel more like home. If you ever need any remodeling tips... been there done that :) Miss you.

P.S. Loving the clothes!!

Chelsea Anne said...

Traitor!!!!

Just kidding. You know I am ecstatic for you guys. I guess this is proof you love Marty more than me?

Nicole said...

I love it!!!
I am so jealous that you will be living in a real HOME! And a home that has character...I love homes that have a history.
It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and where you'll be living. I can tell that house has major potential and you're gonna make a beaut out of it! I'm glad I got to talk to you guys at Julia's, it helped us not feel like loners. ;)

ps. I'd love to come see the old place any day!

mer and josh said...

Yea jess! I'd also like to add that on that same street lives Elder Oaks and my ex-aunt! cute house. I promise to visit and you'll love it up there!

Kim said...

congratulations! love the house!

Jewels said...

Aw, Jess it's beautiful!! LOVE that style of home, can't wait to see what you do with it, it's going to be magnificent!

McGuire's said...

How exciting!!! Looks like a great house. It is a sad day to leave provo/orem. I bawled all the way to Lehi, but it's great to be in a home of your own and close to husband's work. That will be so nice for you guys. Hope everything goes well with the move. I'm excited to come and visit (with 3 kids, scary)!

hayleyrowan said...

it looks so charming. i'd love to come see it. you will have many wonderful walks up those beautiful streets, looking at all of those cute old houses. we will come up for lunch dates and shopping dates. you can go to the amazing farmers market up there every saturday. you will be so close to all the fabulous restaurants and adorable bakery's... and yes jump in the car pool lane and you'll be back to provo in no time.

Laura said...

Wow, that's exciting. Yale Avenue is so pretty! Jacob's grandparents' family lived in that area when it was first built. We have some pretty awesome pictures of it without trees. :-) Good luck and happy moving!

Meg said...

YAY!! This is so exciting and I can't wait for you to be closer to us! I'll be your new best friend around the corner :)