Monday, August 24, 2009

Goals


Since my heart doesn't beat like it used to I have to set goals to help push me to keep improving my cardiovascular strength. I started about 1 1/2 years ago with walking up and down my stairs to the car with Graham for an outing. This summer nearly 2 years later I set a goal to climb South Fork (from my condo) and make it to the gate. Well I am so pleased to announce... I did it! I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest and I wanted to throw up, but then I recovered and took the photo and flew back down the canyon. It was a beautiful moment in my life that I wanted to record. It has been a recovery process and I'm not 100%, but I'll get there! I can't wait to tell my doctor at my next appointment, but for now I'll rest and set a new goal... maybe Squaw Peak?

Maybe Next Year!

19 comments:

TrinEthan said...

good job!!! waa hoo!

Tayva said...

I couldn't be more proud of you!! Way to go, Jess---I'm going to do better. You are my inspiration!! XO (p.s. I see 'our' doctor tomorrow; can I leak the news?!)

Karen said...

Woooooo Hoooooo! I'm so excited for you. You look so amazing - even in padded bike shorts! (Not many people let alone women accomplish that ;)

McGuire's said...

Good job jess!!! That is very exciting. I know there is no way I could do that. You look so great!

christian zimbelman said...

sorry i made you fly down the canyon! haha good job, that's really sweet!

hayleyrowan said...

that's awesome

Stephanie said...

Congrats Jess!!! You're a rockstar.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

congratulations! there's nothing better than reaching a goal like that. makes you realize how amazing our bodies really are. good job!

sumthinghappened said...

Great picture, the expression on your face says it all!

Andrea said...

YAY!!! I am SO proud! Wish I could have been there with you. Next, some races! :)

allegra said...

good for you! that is awesome!!!

shannon said...

Good Job Jess!!! Super exciting!

mer and josh said...

Jess Yea!!! Good job. Please call me and we can go together!!! Let's do a race. You look awesome!

kim huish said...

good job! i love that ride!

megan said...

You rock my world. I am so thrilled for you and you are an inspiration to me. Great job girlie

Meg said...

You are awesome!!! You look so darling in your cycling attire!! We need to get together!

Karly said...

we are so sad you are leaving our cute little condominiums. we will miss you guys :)

Nicole said...

I'm so proud! Way to go Jess.
Miss you!
Love
Star Muffin

Natalie said...

I am so happy for you, reading this made me emotional. You are AMAZING! I love you!