Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween




We had such a wonderful Halloween this year! We made time to do some fun things like carve pumpkins, make an apple pie and dress up our home and ourselves!

Marty made me take these photos myself so let's pretend they are really good:)

Just a few shots of the Halloween decor...






















A few photos of some recent additions to the place! A new mirror, pillows, photo wall and tv cabinet!



















An accomplishment worth recording! I learned to use my sewing machine! I made two pillows (the skull and owl are one pillow) and the black and white stripe pillow and runner for year round use. Thanks to Randi for helping me sew and for Nicole and the other DIY girls for the screen printing night! I loved how they turned out.


















































Our last minute Halloween Costumes that turned out so fun! This is a not so flattering photo of us both but I had to document that our PEZ boxes held up even after the rainy trick or treating! Graham had already taken his dinosaur off, but he had a blast saying "trick or treat" at each door!

And as a grand finale to a great week here is my pie! Marty's mom makes the most delicious apple pie and I've always been intimidated to make it! But this year I did it! Marty did the final touches and added a heart. I'm not sure if it is for his love for the pie or for me! Let's say both! We enjoyed it for days!

Hope your holiday was fun too!

Loves!

6 comments:

Tayva said...

GREAT PHOTOS!! Loved the new post, the wonderful decor (the new and the seasonal), and especially your pie. The secret to my (mother's) pie is that every generation does it better! (That's a fact) I love you! XO

megan said...

You and me are kindred spirits of Halloween. I LOVE your house and I LOVE all the Halloween. You two make a cute couple of pez what a clever idea. We must get together soon. Loves

Chelsea Anne said...

And you say your sick? Where do you get the energy for all of this? Come decorate my house next year.

I want your Timp picture by the way. Where did you get it?

Karen said...

I second Chelsea Anne! Wow!

sumthinghappened said...

Awesome decorations! I will go ahead and third Chelsea and Karen's comments and say, "you are sick?"
I am glad you had the energy and gumph to get all that up!

Andrea said...

Cute, Jess!! I need to move to SLC. I am so proud of you and all your domestic ambitions and successes. That sounds way too serious- what I mean is: Awesome! I knew you could sew and bake pies and make crust. Are you surprised by this? :) Love you.