Monday, July 27, 2009

Like a Fish







































Graham finished his 3 weeks of swimming lessons! He can float on his back by himself (for a few seconds) and doesn't swallow any water when he goes under. He also can flip to his back when he goes forward on his belly first. I am happy with how the lessons went (especially after he stopped screaming and my eyes stopped watering because I thought my child was drowning) but I'm a little worried it is going to be hard to keep up the same rules. For example, if he jumps for you, you are not suppose to pick him up, but let him flip to his back on his own. It is a rough few seconds for all involved. But I know in the long run he will be safer if he can swim at an early age. I'm hoping sooner rather that later so we can take him to Lake Powell in a few years!

Thanks Chels for letting us know about the swim lessons.

Cheers to safe swimming!

(The last picture of Graham gives me a weird feeling-like he is drowning in the photo or a porcelain doll or something ! I'm thinking of taking that one off.)

7 comments:

Tayva said...

You're a brave mommy and I'm so proud of Graham! Here's to a lifetime of safe swimming! XO

Unknown said...

Way to go Graham! It was a little rough at first, but it paid off!

Randi Patch said...

I love that he is opening his eyes under water! Yay for little Graham though! I would probably be so paranoid, so props to you for stayin strong!

Karen said...

We did this when we lived in Arizona. Good job! Cool pics too, but I have to agree the last one is a little eerie...

sumthinghappened said...

WOW, that's amazing! Congratulations Graham and mommy! I'm just going to say this straight up, those pictures with his eyes open are a little creepy.

McGuire's said...

That's incredible!

Jessie Eyre said...

Wyatt did those lessons last summer AND this summer...looks like Miss Pam's hands. Sad that I recognize the hands.

Anyway, it really is the coolest thing, isn't it? Love the underwater pictures. Should have done that myself.