Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wolverine


Don't worry about the markings! They are just showing where the Adamantium will be placed when he is ready for his metal alloy skeleton and claws!

My little wolverine will have a different childhood than his mother and Papa Mark! No peanut butter spoons for him! (But I foresee other good treats, so don't panic)

He was as good as an 18 month could be during all of his allergy testing. We discovered he is allergic to all nuts and eggs. The doctor wasn't too concerned about eggs because kids can often outgrow that allergy. But the nuts are a different story! He said that a 7mm reaction could indicate a future fatal reaction and Graham's was a 9 mm reaction. So I now read every label and am finding that cooking at home seems to be the best bet for knowing exactly what is in our food.

I know a lot of people have children with peanut allergies so if anyone has a good resource I would love to learn more about it. I find new things every day that we should stay away from... like 5 Guys Burgers uses peanut oil for everything! Who Knew?

After the whole morning was over and I was being lectured by the doctor on how serious this really is, Graham fell ASLEEP in my arms! ASLEEP! He hasn't ever done this! He was so wiped out that he could keep his tiny curly head up! I laid him down on the table while the nurses check us out and I carried him to the car.


I couldn't help but think of Hugh Jackman. If anyone knows me, they know I have a "movie-star-crush" on Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) He is a total babe and Marty has accepted it! (I asked him if we could move to Australia and if he thought he could acquire an accent) As I carried Graham I thought of Wolverine with all his markings ready for Adamantium placement. Just a few days before we were watching Wolverine (X-Men) and I was giddy to watch an entire movie with Hugh Jackman's handsomeness. Now I was looking down at my little Wolverine with all his Markings and thought: No this little boy is the most handsome thing I've ever seen! All the silly/light/fantasy feelings in the world do not compare to my deep and total love for my son.

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Aww, wee Graham. He is the most tender! Even when he is full of metal, I will still adore him. It was great to see you so much this week, we should probably do that more often - especially if you are moving up to SLC!

sumthinghappened said...

Every time I crack open our peanut butter jar I think "oh no, Graham is allergic to this, put it away!" But then reality checks in and reminds me that he isn't in our home!

Karen said...

Robbie is still allergic to peanuts and was allergic to eggs as well as milk (cats and horses too). He has an epipen but has never had to use it. They didn't measure his welts caused by the allergy testing but they were huge. He has outgrown the egg and milk allergy. Educate everyone you know and everyone Graham is around... at least he's not allergic to chocolate!

McGuire's said...

oh his little back, so sad. What a good little boy to do that though. That allergy sounds like a scary thing, but at least you know what it is. i loved Australia. Moving to SL??? seriously we need to get together.