Monday, March 16, 2009

Hayley and her Girl

I have had lots of projects I've been working on the week of so. One was a shower for my friend Hayley. She is having her first baby- a girl- in about 6 weeks! She loves France so we, Chelsea, Merideth and I, decided to throw her a French themed baby shower.
I couldn't help myself so I made the invites with homemade envelopes, a Fleur de lie charm and a beautiful baby stamped in a rose blush. I think they were just right for Hayley. I think my friend Chelsea- who hosted the shower- must have thought I was crazy, but she went along with the plan and helped fuel the ideas. Thanks Chels-they turned out great!


























The next project was the "bebe" wreath from Martha Stewart. There were no instruction so I was on my own. It turned out really darling, but I couldn't get a great picture of it with the sun light but it was full and had beautiful pink flowers placed in the greenery. I had never tried anything like that before and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it really was. The hardest
part was getting both b's and e's to look a like.


We had crepes with berries or lemon and sugar or nutella, fondue with vegetables, breads, fruit and cheeses to spread.
To drink- sparkling lemonade.


We hung baby girl clothing from clothes pins and had roses and tullips for flowers.

We put the gifts in a beautiful bassinet.

The favor was a windowed box with Italian wedding cookies inside.

Hayley seemed to love it, so it was a grand success!

Thanks Chels and Mer for putting together such a beautiful shower!

ps. We really missed you Nat!






















7 comments:

Natalie said...

Soo adorable....I'm so sad I missed it. Looked beautiful and like such a blast. Can't believe those two are having babies.Crazy. You're becoming quite the party planner, I think you've found a new calling in life ; )

Tayva said...

Just for the record: I'm never again going to believe you if you tell me you don't know how to do something. That was amazing!! How creative and beautiful was that shower? Sigh. Thanks for the beautiful photos! XO

hayleyrowan said...

Everything was so perfect, I loved all of it. You're so talented and I agree with Nat, you should be a party planner. Thanks for everything, I had such a great time.

megan said...

I second the party planner idea you are amazing. You have so much going on and you get it all done with every detail. You don't forget a thing! Everything turned out so cute. What a success!

Anonymous said...

Jessi, you're way too creative. Such a cute shower and the invitations...oh my!

Karen said...

You're amazing, is there anything you can't do?

Amelia said...

This is WAY too cute! I love it. So creative and beautiful. it makes a special occasion just that much more special. good work jess