Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ah, The Holiday!


Marty and I got together with our friends Paul and Christina to carve some pumpkins this past weekend. Here are our masterpieces. The above is for Julia and Andrea! Edward!!!!!!!!!! This is our tribute to vampire love! At first it is hard to tell what it is but just look at the dark areas... yikes... I know! Marty artistically added the EDWARD, which is still making me smile today!


Paul and Christina's haunting Headless Horseman

Growing up Marty's family would go and get a "Ghost Tree" to decorate for Halloween. We have done this the past three years for our little family. This year we decided to get one with leaves and it turned out to be the perfect color and just the right size. Fun decorating and fun traditions.

Marty and Graham with the tree


Before the tree getting!!

7 comments:

Chelsea Anne said...

I'm seriously impressed.

Reminds me. You don't happen to have my knives from the other night do you?

Jessica said...

Chels,

I do have your knives! I'll bring them to you!

kim huish said...

Amazing pumpkins! I just finished reading Twilight a few weeks ago and I am now totally hooked myself!

Tayva said...

I may have taught the ghost-tree tradition, but you guys have TOTALLY smoked me on the pumpkin carvings! Hooray for Halloween and especially hooray for you guys!!! I love you,
2nd Mom (seriously, it's enough to make me want to read the last two books. . .)

natalie todd said...

L-O-V-E the pumpkins! You love Halloween Jess and I still remember the amazing party you had at the Patches when we all lived in Provo together. That Edward pumpkin is seriously so good.

jill said...

Seriously, best pumpkins I have ever seen carved by amateurs. Both pumpkins were amazing!

shannon said...

What a cute tradition!