Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Great Grandparents




Marty's Grandparents, Bob and Adonna, are so wonderful. We were able to visit them last night and all oogle at Graham while we caught up. They have had some health problems over the last several months and have recently started feeling better. We are grateful they are doing better and can't wait to visit them again.




We picked Apricots off of their trees in the huge backyard. I never realized how large it was until last night- it is like a park! Graham loved the apricot and sucked on it like a Popsicle.


Okay, to fully appreciate this quote you would have to know Marty's Grandmother Adonna. She is a woman with a little sass (my favorite kind)! She is well spoken, well dressed- she'll wear clothes and jewelery that I would wear- so incredibly gracious and completely selfless. She raised 9 (yes, 9) children and told me that her feet would hit the floor every morning at 6am and she would start running! She has this little plaque on her side table and it makes me smile every time I read it. I want to be just like her!

(But I'll tell you right now, I won't be bearing 9 children)

2 comments:

Tayva said...

What a wonderful blog and a great tribute to Bob and Adonna! I loved the photos---three generations of treasures!! XOXOXO, 2nd Mom

Liz said...

I had heard that Bob & Adonna had had some health problems, I'm so glad to hear that they are doing better!! They are truly wonderful people, thanks for the update!