Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mama Nurse


When I first went into nursing I can't tell you how many friends said, "Oh I couldn't do that!" Then they would go on to say they couldn't work with ALL the fluids- blood, #1, #2, throw up, etc. Well I'm here to tell you that being a mother is VERY similar to being a nurse. So all of you Moms that say you couldn't be a nurse, well you are already doing the work, just without the paycheck!

This past week Graham has been sick with a stomach bug. It has been so sad because he hasn't been his smiley, happy self. I've also struggled to be happy and smiley because of all the clean up involved with a sick baby. I think I've changed my clothes at least 4 times a day for the past week. But I'm happy to say that he is doing better. He kept his food down yesterday and this morning so I think it is coming to a end. To top it all off, Marty has been sick too! But with a head cold, cough, sore throat, etc. So I have to take care of these sickly boys. But to my dismay, Marty keeps plugging along and won't rest! Well, until last night when he went to bed at 8 and then slept all night! It is funny how worried I get when my loved ones are sick. I can't wait until my patients are well again!

3 comments:

Karen said...

How true. Mark sent me this today and I thought you might be able to realate. http://www.mormontimes.com/ME_blogs.php?id=1103

Jewels said...

Oh, I so know how you feel! I hope you boys are on the mend soon - it's not fun taking care of sick peeps.

Tayva said...

Funny how the sick babies and sick husbands made it into the "fine print" of the mommy contract! Ah, well---we mop up, wash up, and clean up; and kiss it better! And as Marty's 'Mom Nurse' I am SO HAPPY to know he's in better hands now than he ever was! (And so is little Grahamy!) Hang in there, sweetie
Love, Second Mom