Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Grand Weekend



I actually have a lot to post about for once! Last week Suzy, my beautiful younger sister, graduated from the University of Utah. It was a fun day to celebrate such a major accomplishment. We did all the graduation festivities and then had a yummy lunch at Market Street. I love having a reason to go to lunch (especially with my family), don't you? Happy day for the Suzkitten... no more class!




Happy Anniversary and Cinco de Mayo!

The next run-of-fun was Marty and I's anniversary, 5-5-05! We decided to celebrate our 3rd anniversary by going to our favorite local hotel, Hotel Park City, and live like Kings! The great Grandma's (thank you Tayva and Mom) watched our little Graham Cracker and we flitted away for 2 days! It was marvelous. We have totally been obsessed with the TV show LOST, so Marty brought a projector and we watched the entire 4th season off of iTunes projected onto a bed sheet on our wall. It was so much fun! We also lounged by the pool and even got ourselves a wee sunburned. We ordered room service, went shopping and loved spending time together. I love being married to Marty!


Okay, now the one funny aspect of this all revolves around my left third toe. Yes, my toe. The reason this is funny is because every year (3 so far) I have had a foot issue on our anniversary. When we went to Costa Rica, band-aids were my best friend after a mean case of "new flip-flops", then I got a mole removed on my foot and couldn't walk or wear a shoe and then this year I got an infection in my left third toe!! So funny, but it hurt so badly so on the way to Park City to start our anniversary we had to stop at an Urgent Care to get some antibiotics because I knew it was infected. You know how you tell yourself, well it will just get better? I'll use neosporin and keep it clean... well remember this story. The doctor told me if I would have waited another day or two they would have had to take my toe! Yes, take my toe off! That would really have topped my year. First POTS and not being able to stand up for 6 months and then losing a toe. I'm so grateful for antibiotics! Thanks you Sir Alexander Fleming!

6 comments:

TrinEthan said...

Sounds like so much fun! I want a vacation... someday! I am glad you got your toe doctored... 9 toes are just not as cute as 10!
Also, I am so sorry about not calling you back... i can't seem to remember anything lately. I'll come over! Promise... soon!

Jewels said...

I'm glad you both got away for a few days!! How funny about your toe - who knows what next year will bring!

BradJane said...

I did think of you on the fifth...what a beautiful wedding that was and an even more beautiful marriage. Happy anniversary! Sorry to hear about your toe though; I hope you feel better soon. Much love!

megan said...

What a great get away. Happy anniversary. I can't believe the toe issues. So glad you had some good r&r.

Andrea said...

Hooray for saving the third toe!!! What a dark tragedy that would have been. Looks like you guys had a great time and much needed break!

McGuire's said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you and Marty were able to have a little break! Congrats to suzcat! I can't believe she's already done with school. Your poor little toe, hope it's feeling better.