Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Some News...

Well Marty and I had a wonderful trip to Stanford. We flew out Wednesday night and our appointment with Dr. Friday was Thursday morning. She was very knowledgeable, understanding, helpful and kind. A few really good things came out of the appointment. She said, after listening to my history, that she believes it is the kind of POTS that will improve with time. She called it transient. She wouldn't commit to any sort of time line for me, but she did say some people are better at six months and others it takes a lot longer. She had some good medication changes that I will be started and also some lifestyle suggestions that will help with the day to day symptoms. It was also very comforting to be able to tell someone how I feel (which is like crap) and for her to say, "Yes that is a normal symptom!" She gave me her contact information and send if I had any questions she would be there to help. Marty and I left feeling hopeful. Which I've learned is often the only thing we have as we wait this out... hope for light at the end of the tunnel.

On a lighter note, Graham is rolling from his tummy to his back. Here is a little video...






Lastly, but not least-ly it was my little sister Suzy's 22nd Birthday. We had a wonderful family dinner on Sunday for her and last night went out for Sushi. She is beautiful, talented, smart, so so funny and most of all my little Suzkitten! I love you Suz!

6 comments:

Meagan Marie said...

That roll over is so impressive!! I can't understand why Lizzy can't get the tummy to back thing. Gram makes it look so easy! we need to get them together!! So we are a go for friday, Matt can watch Lizzy. Now all you need to is decide where you want to go on this hot date of ours! LOL!!

Natalie said...

Such a cute video. I'm so glad to hear it went well...and you're very right Hope is all you can have sometimes, well that and some serious faith. Which, I know you have both of. You're in my thoughts and prayers a lot. Great pics! Love you.

Jewels said...

I'm so happy that the Stanford trip went well! I was thinking of you all weekend. And Graham rolling over? He is so key-YUTE! I just want to squeeze him.

megan said...

Yeah I am so happy for you and glad you made the trip to stanford. That is great news!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, Suz! You are seriously a super star. I love that family of yours, Jess. Hoorah for in-law linkage.
Grahamy? I am hungry and want to eat him up! Milk please.
Glad Stanford has helped. I love you so much and can only guess how great it felt to hear you weren't crazy to feel what you are feeling. Here's to going up up up!

Amelia said...

Awesome candles! And what a talented son you have! We have that playmat toy thing too! :)