Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Before and After... Video Contest



(see film contest below!)

I'm back and the asbestos didn't kill us off! So I should start off by stating my inconsistent blogging nature is do to lack of time and energy and not my desire to blog! I know I said I would post all these pictures of the attic remodel and I will, but I've definitely been a bit stressed out with the new baby, the attic and my sweet husband working around the clock! Things are looking up though! Penny is so sweet. She is eating well and sleeping pretty well... about a 5-6 hour stretch. She smiles all the time and is rolling to her side. She grabs her feet and eats her fists. Her eyes are definitely blue and she is balding a bit in the back. Graham is adjusting okay. He is "The Boss" around here and depending on the day and my energy level, he visits time-out a few times a day. He loves Penny and rubs her head and says, "She is sooooo cute!" He is a great helper and brings me diapers and Penny's binky when I ask. We recently discovered he is also allergic to fish which is such a bummer. So that means he is allergic to nuts, eggs and fish. He has been swimming a lot this summer and can jump off the side and swim back to the stairs. He thinks he is awesome and so do I!

The attic is about 90% done. We still need the railing for the stairs, shelving in the closets, door hardware and the bathroom cabinet, but we are close! I'm looking at furniture and that is fun, but also a bit overwhelming. I like a lot of different styles so it is hard for me to make up my mind. But I'm enjoying the process!

Marty has been working on Turning Point... his television series all day and night lately. You can watch the pilot episode here. (If that didn't work, go to byutv.org and go under "Shows" on the second page) It is an amazing show that we are proud to be involved in. Enjoy!

I've been feeling pretty good. Last week with both of our families in town I got extra run down. I started feeling "potsy" and knew I need to calm down. (And my doctor gave me a nice lecture about how I don't bounce back like normal people) I'm doing a little better today because I have no where to go and nothing I have to do. I'm tired, but happy. So life is good, really good actually!

FILM CONTEST

So lastly, we found out about a film contest last minute and so we enter last minute! It is for Rocky Mountain Power and is about being energy smart... Wattsmart! Will you pretty, please watch our video and vote for us. If you vote, you could win $500 to Lowes! If we win we could win $10,000 in energy efficient appliances and such. There are also runners-up for $2500 and $2000 for viewers choice. Our stove is from the 1970's and we are borrowing a washer and dryer so it could really help:) It is a cute video about our house and family trying to become energy efficient. I think you will like the before and afters!

Watch and Vote here!


Thanks friends and family! We love you!

Jess and Marty



12 comments:

sumthinghappened said...

I voted! AND I recommended all my facebook friends to the link so they can vote as well! Best of luck. Darling video, well done Marty!

Suzy said...

Done! And it's on my FB and Blog! Good Luck!

mjm said...

usually i just like to be the bloglurker-no-commenter-little-sister, but this video was too good to not comment. i was so entertained that i thought i'd watch a few others. bad idea, they didn't compare! so i just ended up watching yours again. such a charming little video. hope you win!! --mal (meg's little sis)

Anonymous said...

I voted! I'll put it on my facebook too. It was great seeing you last week. Your little girl is really so darling and you look great, of course! Good luck on winning the contest. I love your house, so pretty! Big pat on the back for you guys. You should post all those photos you put on the video, they're great!

natalie todd said...

the before and after on the exterior of your house is unbelievable! Really the inside too. Holy cow you have done a lot. I love it!!!

the video was great. Marty is so talented. I'm so glad things are goo for you. i need to see pictures of Penny!!

Nancy said...

I pretty much had the exact same experience as "mjm". We LOVED your video. I have NO DOUBT that you guys will win this. Amazing!! The remodel, the video, the cute pictures- wow!!

Jewels said...

Stoppit - it's BRILLIANT!! Oh my goodness, best entry ever! How do I know? Because I didn't even have to watch the others to know that they were sad, unhappy entries. So sad. Yours rocked - I hope you win!!

Shauna said...

What a great video! I voted and wish you the best of luck! I loved seeing all of the pics of you, your cute family and your cute house! You've done a great job! Good luck and let us know if you won!

hayleyrowan said...

super cute.

Serendipity said...

Adorable family! Charming house! Great video! You got our vote! We love it!

Tyler and Lauren said...

You got my vote! That was such an adorable video! Marty you have such a great voice, and Jess you have such great style! xoxo I'll spread the word to vote...

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Well Hello Jessie! Remember me? I've have seen you a couple of times around blogland lately which led me to here! :) Two blogs I follow have featured you in some way or another. Sara B. and Cristin (Serendipity blog).

I have lived in SLC for the last 10 years and love it! In reading your blog, it looks like we live close to one another! I can't believe I haven't bumped into you!! My kids go to school with Sara's kids.

Anyway, great to see you! You are beautiful as always! Your family is adorable. And your home remodel is so fun! Best of luck with the contest! I voted for you. :)

Maybe I'll see you around!

Amy