Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baby Girl
































This is my Penny! She is a doll baby that I couldn't be more delighted with. She is eating well, (although we have nicknamed her Penny Piranha because she has quite a bite!), settles and soothes easily, poops like a champ, and sleeps like a newborn should, only waking for a feeding every 3 hours!

Life has been very crazy since her birth. She arrived a week early and it will be her two week birthday tomorrow. I can't believe it! I have been hiding at my Mom's house to get out of the noise and dust of construction and Marty is trying to keep things going in SLC. I want to write about her birth, but I need some time to sit down and put it down right. All I can say is, "I did it! I did it! I did it!" and I'm so proud of myself. I was worried and had been thinking about the birth of my second child since the birth of my first, 3 1/2 years ago. So to have Penelope here safe and sound and to be on the other side of a GIANT question mark is more of a blessing than you can know. I'm so grateful and feel it a sacred experience that fulfilled the prayer of my life; just the start of this baby girls birth story!

I love you all and appreciate the calls, texts, emails and visits. To know you have a village standing in waiting is humbling and the kindness is overwhelming. Thank you!

Enjoy a few photos of Penny from last weeks visit to the pond! Check back soon for the lively tale of me screaming my lungs out and the daily journey through the breastfeeding blues:)

Loves!

11 comments:

Tayva said...

Beautiful, beautiful Penny--I love you and your beautiful Mommy! XO

shannon said...

I am so proud of you too! I can't imagine what the labor and delivery were like! You are a rockstar!
Xoxo

home at 1194 said...

jess! you are too cute. and so is penny! we all just want to hold her! we're so proud of you! please let us know when we can come see her! xoxoxcloses

sumthinghappened said...

So pretty!

hayleyrowan said...

she is so perfect and precious, i can't wait to meet her. what an adorable little sweetheart. i'm so so glad everything went well. you deserve some peace now!

mer and josh said...

Just darling Jess! Love her. And again, I'm dying to hear the whole birthing story.

Karen said...

So happy for you, love to you and your sweet family.

elsa bags said...

oh she's beautiful jess! i can't wait to meet her

Suzy said...

Oh I love her and I'm counting down the days until I can kiss those cheeks! 21 in case you were wondering!

Adrienne said...

jessie! i knew you could do it. i can't wait to hear the whole birth story. penny is beautiful, just like her momma. gets me excited for my own little bundle coming any day!

natalie todd said...

oh so sweet!!! Well written and tender. You make me cry friend. Well she is absolutely beautiful just like her mommy and i am so so happy that you are on the other side of the ??? YEAH!!!