Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Date Night



Marty and I are trying to go on a weekly date night. We decided this week Tuesday would be best because babysitters are easier to come by! We have been wanting to see Young Victoria for months, but things just have come up and we missed the show. It has been just down the road at the Broadway, but last night the only theater that had it playing was in West Valley! So we made a night of it! We went out to Hobby Lobby (a glorified Michael's) and browsed the aisles. I needed to pick up a few things for the bathroom revamp and Marty was such a good husband to admire the plethora of crafts, home goods, seasonal decor and so on! After we left the far west of Hobby Lobby we drove in a few miles to our designated theater! It was great! It was "Stimulus Tuesday" so we got dollar popcorn and dollar drinks! And we may or may not have downed nachos and jalapenos! We were the only two in the whole theater! Marty kept talking really loud and making me laugh!

Now to the film. We love our costume dramas but I dare say this was a TEN! We had heard it was good and I promise you it is! Worth driving to West Valley to see it in the theater! It was filmed beautiful! Emily Blunt and Rupert Friend were perfectly cast and the feelings of love it portrays are emotional, heart warming and familiar. The only thing negative about the film, was its length. It was too short! Could have been an hour longer! After we left I told Marty I was born in the wrong century and int he wrong country! This was my kind of genres!

Candygraham gives it 4 stars! I'll see it again with you if you need someone to go to West Valley with! It is a bit sketchy out there!

8 comments:

Jewels said...

It IS a bit sketchy out there!! So glad you survived. And boy, if this is anything like Pride and Prejudice (because you know how my heart swells for that one), I am so on board with seeing this. Lets go!!

Laura said...

Another good review? I must see this movie. Sounds like a fun date!

Suzy said...

You didn't even call me to babysit :) I told you hobby lobby was far away. Good thing they are building one in Sandy! Glad you liked the movie. We will have to rent it and watch it!

Tayva said...

Fabulous news about the movie! I've heard so many good things about it, but what fun by doing a West Valley 'safari'! I'm so impressed; and nachos w/ jalapenos, too---what a great date. (p.s. When you go with Jewels, take me!)

Kim said...

I went and saw it with my family when I was up in Utah in January. AMAZING! I seriously am obsessed with this movie and have been dying to see it again. It was soo romantic and beautiful...I could just go on about it for hours.

natalie todd said...

I hadn't looked at your blog in a while so here are all my thoughts...
A) your beautiful in a snow hat, i think
B) i'm getting a season pass to D-land so come back and i'll go with you
C) "milk or juice" "juice or milk"... cutest thing ever!
D) i've been wanting to see that movie as well and now I'm going to try harder to see it.
E) miss you!

McGuire's said...

I LOVED it too! It was way too short. I'm with you, when I watch these kind of movies i just want to be there and live in it! Wear the dresses and dance the way they did! Glad you had a date night. Those are wonderful and don't come often enough.

s.niccoli said...

I havent seen it yet...I really want to though, I have only heard great things about it. Every time we have tried a date night in the past few months, one or the other boy throws up or wakes up screaming...cutting our date short. live it up as long as you can! it's easier when you have one!