Saturday, December 5, 2009

Moving along nicely...


I'm sitting at my kitchen table in my new house eating chips and salsa. (My favorite snack!) Marty is outside shoveling our driveway for the first time and I have a few minutes to take in the week. It has been a busy, crazy week, but we are finally getting settled. (Except Graham hasn't been sleeping well, but that will be another post.) We still have boxes to unpack and so so so much remodeling to do, but it is starting to feel like home. I've been able to cook quite a bit this week and get a feel for this new kitchen. Only two burners work on the stove (Marty said he would fix that) and there was zero counter space. My father in law so ingeniously created a butcher block top to cover our exposed dishwasher Marty installed and a place for the microwave. The home had no dishwasher before because the owner had opted for a wood burning over! Anyway, back to the cooking, it has been fun! And I plan to cook a lot this winter with my lack of friends and family in Salt Lake! So come on over and I will feed you!

Here are pictures of my progress. I'm mostly posting this for myself, to see how much really can get done in a week! I hope to accomplish just as much this week!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jess- I love the floors! It looks great even with boxes! Hang in there! The end result will be undoubtedly fabulous!
Love You!
Meg

mer and josh said...

That house looks amazing! I think you down played it a little too much! I can't wait to see it. How's Graham's 15 minute haircut. I think we should try it again when he's asleep.

Jewels said...

Your floors are gorgeous and I'm so glad that it's starting to feel like home! I feel awful that we've been bad family and haven't come up to help you...that will change, I swear we'll set a day aside and come help.

hayleyrowan said...

are those white wood floors?... love. the windows are great too, and once that fire place is going it will be magical. can't wait to see it. invite us over any time~

Karen said...

Love love love the white paint. It looks wonderful! You go girl!