Saturday, December 12, 2009

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child


I think I mentioned that Graham is having issues sleeping at our new house. He is climbing out of his crib (Jack in the box), waking up in the middle of the night, resisting naps, tantrums and waking up early. It has been rough on him and me. The first week here I devoted my days to doing exactly what my sleep book (Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child) said to do. The first day of my sleep-schedule boot camp I put him back in his crib 40 times! The second day 12 times. The third zero. The fourth day 4 times. The fifth day 4 times. I stopped keeping track.

Yesterday he stayed in his crib and that is all I know.

We are still working through it, but I know part of my problem is that I'm trying to do a lot for Christmas and the house and it often interrupts his nap or he gets to bed late. If I follow the book it all seems to work much better. Also, I think that he is just trying to adjust to this new house (as am I) with all its new spaces and noises.

If anyone has any tips I would love the advice!

Thanks!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Jessica, I'm so happy I ran across your blog. It's fun to see posts of your little family, since I haven't seen you in years. Warren is not sleeping well at all and Allegra told me about your same book. I'm not following it as well as you are though, let us know if things got better.